Talk Platform Acceptable Use Policy
Talk Platform Mission
Last Modified: March 1, 2019
The Talk Platform is a community platform where registered community members can talk with each other and with publishers, in order to build loyalty, improve journalism, and grow audience. We want to help journalists get closer to the communities they serve by using the Talk Platform as a key part of their audience strategy. Because journalism needs everyone.
Vox Media Code of Conduct
All Publishers are expected to abide by the Vox Media Code of Conduct. Failure to abide by the Code of Conduct or these guidelines may result in suspension of publication privileges or termination of accounts.
We do not tolerate content if it:
- is illegal or actively promotes illegal acts;
- is pornography;
- is sexual or suggestive content involving minors;
- explicitly encourages or incites violence or dangerous acts that have an inherent risk of serious physical harm or death;
- threatens, harasses, bullies or encourages others to do so;
- doxes, or contains or solicits personal and confidential information;
- is spam;
- contains hate speech or racial slurs, where such is defined as “content that promotes violence against or has the primary purpose of inciting hatred against individuals or groups based on certain attributes”; or
- promotes or condones violence against individuals or groups based on race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, nationality, veteran status, or sexual orientation/gender identity.
Publisher shall employ appropriate moderation practices to ensure Community Content complies with this AUP, and shall diligently enforce compliance with this AUP and Publisher Terms.