If you want to ask your audience a specific question to improve your reporting, you can give out your email, ask people to use social media or the comments box, or use a third-party form/survey tool.
None of these are built for the needs of journalists. Our Ask tool is.
- Ask encourages more people to respond. The Gallery feature makes it easy to showcase the best responses, applying the principle of ‘Social Proof’ to journalistic practice.
- Ask allows journalists to tag and search responses to follow up.
- Ask maintains the text of the original submission. Editors can edit submissions for length, clarity, grammar while saving the original response.
- Data visualizations based on submissions are easy to build using the API.
Improved design and accessibility:
- Ask forms are fully compatible across devices.
- Ask form designs are fully customizable. By utilizing a script tag, Ask automatically matches your site design.
- Ask forms are fully accessible.
More efficient response management:
- Ask contains full Slack integration. Follow the latest responses in your channel.
- Ask makes it possible to track respondees across forms. Find the people who contribute most.
- Ask includes an easy submissions manager Quickly filter out abusive or meaningless responses.**
Stronger user privacy:
- Ask doesn’t share user data with anyone.
Ask is open source and fully customizable. You own your install of Ask, and can optimize it for your needs.
- Install Ask
- Advice on using forms effectively in your newsroom
- Read our Product Doc for Ask
- Help us improve Ask